Few companies invest time in truly getting to know their target market. A Customer Avatar is jargon for a client profile. Companies can have more than one customer avatar. Knowing who to target and understanding their profile is more important than ever. Some of the important things to know include:
- What are their demographics and interests? (ie: age, marital status, education level, etc.)
- What are their key purchase drivers? (ie: price, quality, delivery, guarantees, etc.)
- What keeps them up at night? (ie: frustration and fears)
- What do they want? (ie: why do they do what the business they do?)
- What is their world like before they have your product?
- How does your product solve their issues?
Developing a customer avatar defines all these questions and provides massive insight into what marketing efforts should be taken.